Thorough and Responsible Approach to Commercial Pest Management
In a world where businesses strive for excellence and sustainability, the importance of maintaining a pest-free environment cannot be overlooked. As a professional pest management company, we understand that a responsible approach to pest management is not only essential for safeguarding the wellbeing of employees and customers but also for upholding the integrity of your brand and ensuring long-term success.
Our approach to Commercial Pest Management involves the following steps:
- Thorough Initial Pest Inspection and Evaluation: The first step to becoming a Commercial client is a Pest Assessment, where one of our inspectors will meet with you at your premises to conduct a thorough inspection and discuss your pest concerns.
- Comprehensive Pest Management Program: Based on our evaluation, we would recommend a Pest Management Program which details treatment plans as well as ongoing monitoring and maintenance schedule plans.
- A Dedicated Account Management Team: Your dedicated team will keep your Pest Management plan on track and can provide you with all the help you need.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Maintenance for Long-Term Pest Control: Our team monitors your property for long-term pest control, ensuring continued protection for your business and compliance with health and safety standards.
Ongoing Monitoring and Audits
A pest-free environment doesn’t end with the completion of a treatment. Queensland has strict health regulations and stipulates strict guidelines for maintaining a clean and safe environment for commercial facilities. Pests can compromise these standards, leading to health hazards and potential legal consequences. Ongoing monitoring and reporting help ensure your compliance with these regulations by confirming the absence of pests and the effectiveness of preventative measures.
The steps we take for post-treatment audits include:
- Thorough Site Inspection: A post-treatment audit begins with a thorough inspection of treated areas, focusing on key zones susceptible to pest infestations. This inspection will include both the interior and exterior of the building.
- Identification of Pest Activity: Your inspector will identify any signs of pest activity, even if minimal. Early detection allows for immediate intervention, minimising the risk of reinfestation and potential breaches of HACCP and health regulations.
- Use Monitoring Tools and Documentation: Your inspector will use monitoring tools and software to enhance the accuracy of audits. Detailed documentation of findings, corrective actions, and improvements made post-treatment serves as evidence of compliance.
- Adjust the Pest Management Program - Any required adjustments are promptly implemented.
- Align with the HACCP Plan: For food businesses subject to HACCP regulations, pest control measures taken during the audit must specifically address potential pest-related hazards and the effectiveness of control strategies as outlined in the HACCP plan.
- Employee Training: We will help you train employees to recognise pest-related risks and report any signs of pest activity promptly. This proactive approach fosters a vigilant workforce that contributes to the success of post-treatment audits and compliance efforts.
Detailed Pest Assessment (DPA)
Over time, we have developed our own Detailed Pest Assessment (DPA) which documents our findings at an inspection, not just signs of pest problems, but also the conducive conditions that can encourage pests as well. Our DPA allows us to customise our treatments on every visit.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Plan
Suburban Pest Management recommends implementing an integrated pest management plan or IPM, which is a preventative, long-term solution. It is a responsible approach to pest management and focuses on minimising the use of chemicals while still being effective on controlling pests.
While an IPM requires a coordinated effort to implement properly, our on-site monitoring and reporting services provide effective pest control solutions. An IPM:
- Reduces the amount of chemicals used around employees and customers.
- Reduces the risk of the deterioration of buildings and other assets from the use of chemicals.
- Seeks to understand the pest species and numbers present at a site.
- Allows for greater control over and knowledge of pest activity.
Monitoring of your stations and reporting allows you to proactively assess and address pest control in your facility with time-sensitive solutions.
Suburban is HACCP (Food Safety) Accredited
Food businesses in Australia need to comply with safety standards when it comes to food preparation and handling.
HACCP is a certification which requires a systematic approach to food safety management, both for the food business themselves as well as for any companies who supply goods and services to those food businesses. Suburban has a HACCP (FOOD SAFETY) system in place and has met the requirements for provision of pest control management services for food processing, manufacturing, and food handling facilities.
At Suburban, we understand the importance of compliance with HACCP best practices. Our service is performed to exacting high standards ensuring food and customer safety, and our audits and documentation are a critical component to help food businesses pass their own audits and meet their responsibilities for compliance.
For more information about our pest management services for the food industry, visit our Pest Control for Food Production Facilities page.
For more information about the HACCP Standards for Pest Management, visit HACCP Australia New Pest Management Standard
Book Your Free Pest Assessment Online Today
If you would like to learn more about our Commercial services, visit the Commercial Pest Control page on our website. Click the Book a Time button on the right of this page and request a suitable time for your Free Pest Assessment. One of our Commercial team will be in contact with you to confirm the details.
So, to experience the SPM difference, book a Free Pest Assessment or give us a call on 1300 65 65 72 to get a free quote today.