Effective Fly Control in Commercial Properties Brisbane
Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment is of utmost importance in commercial facilities. However, one persistent nuisance that can spell disaster, especially for food businesses, is the presence of flies.
The Vinegar Fly is Common in Australia
Fermentation flies present a particular challenge due to their attraction to rotting fruit. However, they do not directly feed on fruit; instead, they are attracted to the yeast associated with rotting fruit.
The Vinegar Fly (Drosophila spp) is a common fermentation fly found throughout Australia.
It's important not to confuse vinegar flies with fruit flies like the Queensland Fruit Fly, which are attracted to fruit and pose a nuisance in fruit production. Vinegar fly larvae can be found in fermenting and liquefying items such as bananas or tomatoes, as well as around coffee grounds, soft drink or beer taps, and in drains.
Treating Fly Infestations
Vector UV Lights: An effective pest control solution for commercial facilities is the installation of vector lights that attract flies and trap them on a sticky glue board.
Education: Suburban adopts an Integrated Pest Management approach (IPM) to commercial pest control, aiming to minimize the use of chemicals while effectively controlling pests. As part of this approach, we work with our customers to identify any conducive conditions that may contribute to pest infestations. We offer advice and education to your staff on how to prevent fermentation fly infestations.
Preventing Fly Infestations
Good Hygiene: Pest control companies use glue-board fly lights, lures and sprays to treat vinegar fly infestations, but eliminating fermentation fly infestations altogether requires you to proactively employ some good hygiene practices. Here are some steps you can take to help eliminate potential breeding sites:
- Get rid of any decaying organic substances including fruit, coffee grounds
- Keep food preparation areas clean and tidy and inspect equipment frequently
- Regularly clean rubbish bins, drains, drink fonts, and kitchen or bar equipment
- Dispose of rubbish regularly
- Use insect light traps
- Use screens on windows and doorways
- Identify any cracks and gaps where flies could enter and seal them
- Encourage employees to report any signs of fly activity immediately to prevent infestations from escalating.
Why Choose Suburban for Fly Treatments?
At Suburban Pest Management, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service and customer satisfaction. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose us for all of your commercial pest control needs:
- Independent, family-owned, established pest control business
- Worry-free pest management solutions
- Flexible scheduling times to minimise disruption
- 24/7 emergency call outs available if needed
- Experienced and certified pest technicians
- Safe and effective products and methods for commercial pest control
- HACCP (Food Safety) and ISO9001 accredited
- Ongoing support and maintenance to prevent future infestations
- Competitive pricing and detailed quotes
Suburban's Commercial Fly Control Service Areas
Suburban Pest Management has built a great reputation in providing quality pest control services to both Residential and Commercial properties for almost 30 years, and our customers come from all over the Southeast-Queensland area, including Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast.
Book Your Free Pest Assessment Online Today
Fly control is crucial in maintaining a clean and hygienic environment in commercial facilities, particularly in Southeast-Queensland. Vinegar flies and other fermentation flies can pose significant challenges, but with proper treatment and preventative measures, businesses can effectively eliminate and prevent fly infestations.
If you want to proactively protect your business from potential fly infestations, contact us today to schedule a Free Pest Assessment. Learn about our commercial pest management services including fly control in Brisbane. One of our experienced technicians visit your site, talk to you about your business and your pest control concerns, conduct a thorough inspection of your site, and provide you with a quote for your treatment. Click the Book a Time Now button on the right of this page and request a suitable time for your consultation. One of our Commercial team will be in contact with you to confirm the details.
So, to experience the SPM difference, book a Free Pest Assessment or give us a call on 1300 65 65 72 to get a free quote today.