Discover the Benefits of a Free Termite Check
Are you wondering about the advantages of a free termite check? Suburban Pest Management offers a genuine free termite check called a FREE Termite Assessment, which is not a mere gimmick like some of our competitors might suggest. Our expert inspectors will visit your property to look for visible signs of termite activity. During this assessment, we'll address your concerns and review your property's termite history. We'll also provide you with informed options to safeguard your property from termite threats.
Following your Assessment, you can book in a treatment OR send our technician on their way until you're ready to book in, but you will be armed with all of the information for when you're ready to make a booking. You've got nothing to lose and don't worry, we won't pressure you after we've been.
Distinguishing a Free Termite Check from an In-Depth Termite Inspection
Suburban Pest Management offers an In-Depth Termite Inspection that goes beyond a Free Termite Assessment. At an In-Depth Termite Inspection, our experienced termite inspectors utilise advanced detection tools, including thermal imaging cameras, to locate termites.
We thoroughly inspect both the inside and outside of your home. Our experienced inspectors know where to check for termites:
- Your yard and garden: We check all your timber fencing, retaining walls, trees, tree stumps, and timber landscaping features within 50 metres of your building
- Inside your building: We examine your timber cupboards, trims, window architraves, flooring, skirting, doors, and door jambs for any potential termite entry
- Under your home: We check your sub-floor if it's accessible. We'll look at the joists, bearers, stored timber, the underside of your timber flooring, and any timber support structures of your home
- The roof void: We check your skylights, your entire roof void, vents, gutters, downpipes, roof battens, beams, rafters, roof battens, eaves, and flues.
The comprehensive process typically takes one to two hours.
After we finish, we will provide you with a complete termite inspection report about what we found whilst we're still on site. When we return to the office, we'll edit the report, and then write a summary letter that makes it easier to understand the most important parts of our findings.
Then, we'll make our recommendations. If we find evidence of termites, we'll advise you to schedule a comprehensive termite treatment to rid your property of them for good.
What does a Free Termite Check NOT Include?
It's important to note that a Free Termite Assessment doesn't offer the same level of detail and thoroughness as our In-Depth Termite Inspection, which uses state-of-the-art detection equipment. Additionally, it lacks the comprehensive report of findings.
However, a Free Termite Assessment is invaluable if you've spotted live termites or have a history of termite issues on your property. It's an excellent way to seek professional advice on safeguarding your property.
6 Top Reasons to Schedule a Free Termite Assessment
There is more than one reason why you might book a Free Termite Assessment. After all it is FREE and there is no obligation to do anything else with us afterward. From feedback we have received from customers, there are a number of reasons why you might consider booking a Free Termite Assessment with us:
- You might have seen termites at your home and want to know what to do next.
- You might have seen signs of pests and are not sure what they are, so get us out to investigate.
- Your property has had a termite infestation or termite damage at some point in the past - this means an increased risk of termites in future. Having your property regularly checked for evidence of termites is an excellent step to prevent future termite attacks.
- You might have seen some termite alates flying around attracted to light, or wings on the ground under light fixtures – these are not necessarily a sign that termites have invaded your property, rather, a sign that termites are nearby and looking to start a new colony. So it is a good reminder to have your property checked.
- You may just want to have your property routinely checked for termites - Even if you don't suspect you have termites, we recommend that every home or business be checked for termites at least once per year, and a Free Termite Assessment for peace of mind costs nothing.
- You might simply be considering a termite protection system and need expert advice on the options.
Discovered Termites? Here's What to Do
If you've already identified active termites on your property, don't panic—Suburban Pest Management is here to assist you.
Follow these steps recommended by Tom Aldridge, the owner of Suburban Pest Management:
- Breathe – Don’t panic, termites won’t destroy your home overnight, and chances are they have been in the spot where you found them for a while already. Having said that, if you discover active termites in your home, don’t leave it for too long or the problem could get much worse.
- Take photos - Photos will help your inspector identify the species and the extent of the infestation.
- Do not disturb the termites - Do not disturb them, but if you have disturbed them, that is ok. Just try not to disturb them any further.
- Do not spray them - Do not attack them - household remedies such as insect spray, kerosene, ammonia, camphor or salt may kill a handful of termites that they come in contact with, but they will do nothing to solve the problem.
- Seal the area - Cover with a piece of cardboard (or something similar) and tape.
- Book a FREE Termite Assessment with Suburban Pest Management.
Tom’s video is part of our Termite Series. If you would like to watch the complete series, please go to YouTube and check out our playlist.
Do I Need An Annual Termite Check?
Do you know that termites are 12 times more likely to damage your home than a fire, flood or natural disaster?
Termites are sneaky pests and not easy to spot so even though you may not have seen any visible signs of termite damage, entire termite colonies may be hidden nearby or underneath your property without you knowing. If these are the questions you have, then yes, you should get your property checked - there is no reason not to as our Termite Assessment offer is free.
To grasp the importance of regular termite checks conducted by termite specialists, watch Tom Aldridge's video demonstrating extensive termite damage:
Why Choose Suburban Pest Management?
- We are a family-owned local Southeast-Queensland business
- We conduct more than 1000 termite inspections per year
- We have been treating termites in the area for almost 30 years
- We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and have more than 400 Google Reviews from valued clients
- We know the habits of termites and other pests in Brisbane & surrounding areas and where to look for them
- We have experienced termite inspectors with the most up-to-date training and detection equipment
- All of our inspectors are licensed and insured.
What does a Termite Check Cost?
It's in the name - Our Free Termite Assessment costs nothing. To take advantage of this great offer, you can book a time by clicking the green Book a Time Now button on the right of this page.
If you are interested in a more thorough termite check, our In-Depth Termite Inspection is what you are after. There is a fee for this service. For more information or to book your In-Depth Termite Inspection online, visit our Termite Inspection page.
Explore Termite Solutions
Suburban Pest Management offers a wide range of termite solutions, having treated thousands of Queensland homes for almost three decades.
Our range of termite management and protection systems include Colony Control, Chemical Soil Treatments (aka Chemical Barrier treatments), Termite Baiting Systems, and Termite Monitoring and Protection.
Book a Free Termite Assessment Today
Book a Free Termite Assessment online via our live online booking system adepending on where you are located, we can be at your property as early as this afternoon or tomorrow (next business day).
To experience the SPM difference, take the first step to keep your property termite free. Book a Free Termite Assessment online or give us a call on 1300 65 65 72.