Enjoying a sunny day at Sandstone Point’s pier is a truly memorable experience. This area is beautiful and unlike being in a city, you can enjoy sunrise views on the never-ending blue horizon and have quality time for yourself away from the city hustle and bustle.
We all agree that this is a terrific area where your children can grow up safely. However, not only do we love this area, but pests love it too! Rodents, cockroaches and termites are all commonplace everywhere in South-East Queensland and the warm humid conditions around Sandstone Point are no exception. However, there are ways to successfully treat pests and keep them at bay.
What Pests Are Prevalent in the Sandstone Point Area
If a pest infestation has occurred, you need to speak with a professional pest control company like Suburban Pest Management which will eliminate the pest and provide you with advice on how to keep your property pest-free in the future.
Even if you don’t have any obvious signs of a pest infestation, you should still treat your property as a preventative measure, particularly in the warm humid conditions around Sandstone Point. The cost of pest prevention is very small compared with a repair bill for damage that pests can do to your property if left to chance.
The most common pests in the Sandstone Point area are:
How To Determine If You Have Pests
Here are some signs that you might have a pest infestation. Pay careful attention to:
- Visible sightings - You might see a cockroach scurrying across the floor or spiders in webs in the corners of rooms. Visible sightings are the most obvious sign that you might have pests.
- Strange noises - Scratching and scuttling can signal rodents, however, squeaking and whining are sure signs of rats and mice. These noises are likely to be coming from your kitchen or even your roof.
- Pest droppings - All the pests leave their droppings behind them while they are searching for food and building their nests. Some are easy to spot such as those of rodents and cockroaches as they are bigger, while those of insects are harder to see, however, if you look a bit closer you will notice them.
- Furniture damage - Unfortunately, pests can damage your furniture. Check for wood and paint dust under chairs or beds, which can be signs of termites or borers. Rats and mice will damage your furniture too. They will gnaw it, or tear out stuffing, leaving a damaged sofa that is not suitable for sitting and watching TV anymore.
- Structural damage - As they eat anything made of cellulose, termites will eat the wooden installations in your walls, making the structures of your home weak. Check around door or window frames for dotted or bubbling paint which can be a sign of termites. Rodents will make tunnels and holes in your walls while trying to hide their nests. And the worst of all is that they will chew the electrical wires and cables making a huge mess that can at its worst cause fire.
- Bald patches on rugs and shed larval skin - Carpet moths attack more than just carpets. They can also cause damage to clothing, fur, upholstery, and animal skins. A common sign of carpet moths is balding patches on the edges and in corners of carpets and you might see larval cocoon skins as the pupal stage is the likely time when they are active.
- Proof of nesting - The most obvious evidence of rodent nesting is a tunnel but also shredded paper, leaves and grass clippings. Nests are likely to be found under flooring or in walls.
- Grease tracks and marks - Some rodent, like the Roof Rat, will climb and sneak, and they pick up a lot of dirt, so you might notice grease or dirt marks or tracks.
- Pet scratching - Fleas generally live on dogs, cats, other warm-blooded animals, and birds because their fur and feathers make it easy to hide and reproduce. Fleas jump from your pet onto your home’s floor or yard. Fleas also reproduce quickly and can quickly get out of hand. So, if you see your pet scratching, check for fleas and treat them immediately.
- Damage to plants - Not even plants are safe from pest damage! Check for chewing on the edges of plants. If your parsley is chewed down to the stalk, you have a possum problem.
Pest prevention is still the best way to control pests. So even if you are not experiencing any of these signs, you should still get a pest treatment to keep your property pest free!
Risks That Come With Pest Infestation
Pests mean problems. These problems are associated with the risks that can seriously affect your family’s wellbeing, as well as the risk of damage to your property.
That is why you should consider:
- Health risks - By contaminating your food as well as touching and gnawing your children’s toys, some pests carry disease and can be damaging to your health.
- Pesticide use - Suburban Pest Management’s trained technicians know how to apply chemicals correctly. At Suburban, we only use chemicals which are potent to pests but are harmless to you, your children, and your pets.
- Property damage - If you don’t detect a pest infestation on time, the damage some pests like termites can do can be catastrophic. So make sure you have your property checked for termites and treated for pests regularly to avoid damage to your property.
- Be wary of DIY products - The odd fly is fine to treat with a supermarket purchased DIY product. However, if you incorrectly use any pest product, you risk harming your health and pests are likely to return.
Why Choose Suburban Pest Management for Pest Control?
Suburban Pest Management’s pest inspectors are licensed and trained professionals. We have been in the industry in the local area for more than 25 years so we know the pests common to the Sandstone Point area, their behaviour, habits, and where to find the places they hide.
Suburban’s pest inspectors have all the necessary tools and technology available to them to find and eliminate pests on our first visit. We also guarantee our general pest treatments, so you can rest assured that if pests return, so do we.
The investment in pest prevention is small compared with the potential cost for repairs if your house is damaged by a pest infestation.
We currently offer an online special, our Comprehensive Pest Solution, which treats your property for Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders and Silverfish. You can book your treatment online via our live online booking system. Or contact us for a quote today.