If you own or manage commercial premises, it’s likely that you’ll find it essential to ensure pest management is carried out on a regular basis, whether it be for your own piece of mind or determined by Queensland Health Regulations. There are a variety of pests that can cause damage to buildings, spread disease, or just make life miserable for those who frequent the premises.
Some of the most common ‘pests’ that you may need to control:
- Cockroaches: Let’s face it – the presence of cockroaches makes a bad impression. They are well known for their ability to spread disease and contaminate food, it is a myth that Cockroaches are ‘clean’. The German Cockroach is the most common Roach found within commercial premises. It reproduces faster than any other Cockroach; is hardy and resilient and therefore control of any infestations must be gained quickly. Suburban Pest Management do not discriminate, our Cockroach treatments will cover all Cockroach species; including the German, Australian, Continental, Brown-Banded etc.
- Rodents: Mice and Rats aren’t just an unpleasant site for building occupants – they’re capable of spreading serious diseases. If you have food preparation or food storage areas in the building or commercial rubbish bins outside, mice and rats may be attracted to the area to feed and nest.
- Flies: More disease carrying pests that will be encouraged to any premises where rubbish or food is present. Simple measures to control flies can include the use of fly traps however, if the problem is severe, you may need to take other steps (such as the use of additional vector products) to deter these insects from the area.
- Moths: Once you see one moth flying around your kitchen, it’s time to focus on getting rid of all the moths you haven’t seen yet. Why? One flying adult moth can mean the odds of a moth infestation are much higher. Typically moth larvae will already have been laid, and the moth worms are ending their feeding stage and preparing to look for a mate to complete the moth life cycle. Identifying the affected areas is essential, whether this is just the pantry or in concealed carpeted areas such as the walk-in-robe etc, with subsequent treatment measures being carried out, including chemical treatment & traps.
- Spiders: If your premises is near bushland or you have storage areas that aren’t regularly accessed or cleaned, you may find it necessary to add spider treatments to your regular pest management routine.
We can help you with your pest control needs!!
It is essential that you consult with a reliable and reputable pest control company (particularly in a commercial environment) to ensure your obligations as an employer are met within the workplace. Suburban Pest Management have a proven track record of expertise and knowledge in this particular sector and can assist you in the following:
- General Pest Management & integrated plans for Cockroaches (all species), Ants, Spiders
- Rodent Control
- Vector Control (Flies, Moths etc)
- Paper Lice Treatments
We pride ourselves on ensuring each individual commercial site is given a tailored solution to suit your pest control needs and will work with you not against you to assist in providing education along with a safe, healthy, pest free environment for customers and your staff.
Call us now if you would like to arrange for one of our qualified technicians to attend your site to provide you with a tailored Commercial Pest Management Solution.
We provide expert advice and treatment to:
- Government Agencies/Buildings
- Aged Care Facilities
- Shopping Centres
- Offices and many more…..